MIRSI: The Mid-Infrared Spectrometer and Imager at the IRTF
The MIRSI instrument was designed and fabricated by the MIRSI team at Boston University for use at the NASA InfraRed Telescope Facility (IRTF)
MOC, MIRSI the Optical Camera that is being built to collect data with MIRSI.
MIRSI is currently being redesigned to use a coldhead to
achieve it's operating temperatures (away from using liquid helium as coolant),
modifications to it's optics, and upgraded array/readout electronics.
MIRSI Upgrade Team
The upgrade team is lead by J. Hora (PI, co-PI of the original MIRSI development build)
- Morgan Bonnet (project manager & lead mechanical engineer)
- Michael Connelley (project scientist)
- Eric Warmbier (lead electronics engineer)
- Michael Kelii (lead electronics technician)
- Charles Lockhart (lead software engineer)